I've said it before: one of the few downsides to working at Relevance is getting to hear all sorts of cool customer success stories that we can't talk about. Which is why Justin and I were thrilled to record an episode with Kurt Zimmer from Room Key, one of our clients and an enthusiastic user of both Clojure and Datomic. We talked about Relevance's relationship with Room Key, and about Kurt's experience successfully selling cutting-edge technologies into extremely large, conservative organizations.
Kurt is a sharp guy, and it was a pleasure to have him as a guest.
While I've got your attention, I'd also like to mention a few things:
- Clojure/conj registration is open! Head on over to clojure-conj.org to get ticket information.
- We will be offering 3 days of Clojure-related training just prior to the conference, with one day each of ClojureScript, Pedestal, and Datomic.
- We are pleased to announce that the Scheme and Functional Programming Conference will be co-located with the Conj this year on Wednesday, November 13.
- Lambda Jam Chicago is happening July 8-10, 2013. Stuart Sierra will be there speaking about Data, Visibility & Abstraction. The conference is being put on by our good friend Alex Miller, who has been kind enough to give us the offer code RELPOD, good for a $50 discount off your ticket. Go to http://regonline.com/lambdajam2013 to redeem it!
You can send feedback about the show to email@example.com, or leave a comment here on the blog. Thanks for listening!
Our Guests, Kurt Zimmer and Justin Gehtland
- Room Key
- Colin Steele
- Clojure/conj Conference
- Clojure and State
- Colin Steele's Blog Post: Against the Grain: How We Built the Next Generation Online Travel Agency Using Amazon, Clojure and a Comically Small Team
- Rich Hickey
- Stuart Sierra
- Marc Phillips
- Event-Based Environment
- Datomic Query
- Peer Capability
- Datomic and Scale
- Strangeloop Conference
Episode Cover Art: