We've said again and again on the podcast that software is about people. And it's hard to imagine software that could be more about people than a website that helps women understand their own bodies. Which is why, when Jamie sent out an internal email at Relevance about femm.me, her new fertility awareness app, I knew that it would make for a great episode.
So have a listen as we talk about Jamie's work on the website, how she came to Relevance, and the role of food in her life. Enjoy!
Download the episode here.
You can send feedback about the show to email@example.com, or leave a comment here on the blog. Thanks for listening!
Our Guest, Jamie Kite
- The intro song is "It's a Jungle Out There", by Randy Newman
- The outro song, dedicated to Jamie's grandfather who recently passed away, is "I Got Shoes", performed by Tata Vega
- Monk, the TV series
- Jamie's infographic resume, the coverage thereof, and the Hacker News posting
- Michael Parenteau
- Michael's episode of the podcast
- Orlando, Florida
- Fertility Awareness
- "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", by Toni Weschler
- The rhythm method
- Wikipedia's entry on fertility
- Cervical mucus
- Justin Gehtland
- Ruby gems
- The definition of "foodie"