I've heard several developers at Relevance comment on how much they like working with our designers. I totally agree. The one I've been fortunate enough to work with the most often is Jen Myers. So I welcomed the chance to talk to her about what she's been up to lately... which is a lot! In this episode, we chat about her efforts with Girl Develop It Columbus, responsive web design, conference speaking, and CSS nerd wars.
Jen was an extremely interesting, thoughtful, and humble guest, and I enjoyed talking with her. I know you'll enjoy listening just as much!
Download the episode here.
You can send feedback about the show to email@example.com, or leave a comment here on the blog. Thanks for listening!
- Our guest, Jen Myers:
- The music
- People and stuff we mentioned on the show
- Artifact, a very unfinished game that Jen has helped Craig with
- ClojureScript One
- Girl Develop It Columbus
- Jen's Introductory HTML/CSS class
- Girl Develop It New York, Philadelphia, Austin, and Ottawa
- Jen's teammates, Michael Parenteau and Kevin Altman
- Responsive Web Design
- One conversation in the ongoing "CSS Prefix War"
- Jen will be speaking at Stir Trek on May 4th, and at Queen City Merge on May 11th
- Jen spoke at Codepalooza between the time we recorded and when this episode was published. Her session was Developers Can't Design (and Other Completely Mistaken Design Myths)