Clojure is getting a lot of positive buzz, but what is it like building and shipping a real application? In this talk, we will cover the good, the bad, and the ugly of commercial Clojure development, including:
- BDD meets FP: how we adapted spec and test practices for functional code
- To wrap or not to wrap: working with Java libraries
- The learning curve: training a team of non-Clojurists on Clojure
- What you will wish for: third-party libraries you should know about, plus some that don't exist yet
- Good names or die: living without object context
- Shipping it: how to manage staging and deployment of Clojure code
Experience with Clojure is useful but not a prerequisite; we will introduce the key concepts as we go.